Date of Event:
Event Registration Date:
Event Late Date:
Women’s NYSSRA Sports Page U16+ SG at GORE Mountain
MOUNTAIN, ADK & RIP VAN WINKLE COUNCILS ONLY
ALL OTHERS WILL BE REFUNDED NPS
Official Race Announcement https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UcQAEp28D-w5V-xRtVduL6pDZ_S_7IE5n1WIv4zW2d8/edit?usp=sharing
Please review U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s https://usskiandsnowboard.org/sites/default/files/files-resources/files/2020/U.S.%20Ski%20%26%20Snowboard%20COVID-19%20Alpine%20Domestic%20Competitions%20Guidance.pdf
Dates: 1/23-24/ 2021
Event(s): 2 SG PER DAY FIS/NAT WOMEN 1/23 FIS/NAT MEN1/ 24
Parent Tickets: No discounted tickets. Buy online at published prices, subject to availability: https://goremountain.com/tickets-passes/winter-lift-tickets/. No walking up hill, no spectators, no congregating at the finish area or building. NO MOVEMENT ON THE HILL
Entry Procedure: Standard entry procedure through adminskiracing.com
● 1/23/21 2 SG Women: https://adminskiracing.com
● 1/24/21 - 2 SG Men: https://adminskiracing.com
Team Captains’ Meeting Information
First TCM Date: 01/22/2021
First TCM Time: 7PM
First TCM Meeting Link :https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84161634135
TCM PROGRAM & MTG MINUTES AGENDA: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ivckfrl3DcyH-4lyqamf27j-xAWrcWGFxh2pXZqBxb8/edit?usp=sharing
Subsequent Team Captains’ Meeting Time: 7PM
Subsequent Team Captains’ Meetings Link: TBA
Day of Communication will thru WHATSAPP, link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/FumBU4x2NCO166SZTjzTLt
Bib Pickup/Registration/Bib Drop Return Information: 7:30AM Bibs and lift passes are to be picked up on the porch of the TC by 1 team captain, return is at the finish of each race, there will be a bin for bibs and lift passes. registration is complete after team captains meetings. no additions after the TCM.
Liability Wavier: https://adminskiracing.com/sites/default/files/LIABILITY%20WAIVER.pdf
ECHO Trail map; https://adminskiracing.com/sites/default/files/ECHO%20MAP.pdf
ECHO Medical plan: https://adminskiracing.com/sites/default/files/Echo_medical_plan%202021.pdf
Pre-Event Health Questionnaire: must be completed 24-48 hours before the start of the competition. https://forms.gle/tYPZv3qa5DaQ
7am DAIILY HEALTH CHECK PRIOR TO RACING https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wTpTjn5btGwglXUYcqRJog8xJoTFRkEV62uOYjMTt4w/edit?usp=sharing
New York COVID-19 Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, many states have travel restrictions in place for visiting out-of-staters. Please closely review the state and/or resort guidelines listed below to determine if you are eligible to travel to New York. It’s incredibly difficult to verify if visitors to the state/resort meet the requirements, therefore it is imperative that you follow the published guidelines.
Link to State Published Guidelines: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home
State Travel Restrictions/Requirements: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
State Mask Policies: New York State (NYS) law requires everyone over age 2 who can medically tolerate a face covering to wear one when in public if unable to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others
Day-Of Communication: NYSEF will be using WhatsApp for all day of communication and vola.livetiming.com (schedule changes, DSQs, announcements). Please download WhatsApp for your mobile phone and click the following link to join the “NYSSRA U16+ Races 23-24JAN” group.
Bib Pickup/Registration/Bib Drop Return Information: Bib and ticket pick up will be done on the porch of the NYSEF Building at Gore at 7:30am. Only designated team captains will be allowed to pick up bibs and tickets for their athletes. If an athlete’s health check is incomplete their bib will be removed. Athletes must return their bibs and lift passes to the bib bin at the finish.
Race Organizing Committee
Technical Delegate: Randy Alpanalp, USA
Chief of Race: Richard Burnley
Chief of Course: John Morgan
Chief of Timing: Mark Landau
Race Administrator: Tanya Gaechter
RA Contact Information: [email protected], 518-2512825
COVID Coordinator: Corky Risley
COVID Coordinator Contact Information: [email protected], 518-251-2825
Schedule of Events
TBD FIS- NAT TO FOLLOW
09:30 FIS- NAT TO FOLLOW
FIS- NAT TO FOLLOW
COVID-19 Guidelines & Information
Gore Mountain COVID-19 Guidelines:
Link to Gore Mountain COVID-19 Guidelines: https://goremountain.com/the-mountain/operational-updates/ or https://goremountain.com/the-mountain/safety-policies/
Gore Mountain Mask Policy: https://goremountain.com/operational-updates/
Lodge Access Information:
● Wear a face covering at all times. Social distancing is required.
● Please do not socialize inside.
● If you need to store personal items inside, please use a locker or boot up tent outside.
● Consider leaving all of your personal items in your vehicle.
● Personal items cannot be stored under tables or in areas other than lockers.
● Restroom occupancies have been reduced by 50%. Outdoor bathroom facilities are available around the mtn.
Lift Line/Lift Riding Information:
● Skiers that traveled to the mountain together can ride the lifts together.
● Singles have the option of boarding the lift alone or with one other individual.
● A face covering is required while waiting in line for lifts, for loading and unloading, and for the duration of your ride.
● Windows in gondolas should remain open.
● Please adhere to posted signage at lift areas and the directions of our staff.
Parking/Parking Lot Information:
● Use our expanded drop off areas.
● Please limit the number of individuals utilizing our shuttle busses.
● Please do not leave children unattended at drop off areas.
● Arrive as ready to go as possible, avoiding unnecessary indoor time.
● Indoor storage space is limited; we encourage you to leave personal belongings in your vehicle.
● Face coverings are required while waiting for the shuttles, and the duration of a shuttle ride.
. NYSEF Training Center:
● No public, parents, visiting coaches or athletes are permitted access to the building.
● No public bathrooms are available, use the main lodge.
● Tune room closed during race days.
Start and Finish Protocol:
· Social Distance at the start ans wear a mask at all times.
· All athletes are responsible to retrieve al clothing and equipment from the start and finish.
· Lift Pass must be worn at all timed (not left in your coat while racing, please put it in your speed suit. Lift operators will not permit entry to the lift without it!
· End of each day MANDATORY tip to tail full slip of the hill
Hotels and Lodging: https://goremountain.com/plan-your-visit/lodging/
Awards: No ceremony - awards will be provided via Team Captain and/or mailed.
*Per the COVID-19 Alpine Domestic Competitions Guidance, in-person awards ceremonies are currently prohibited.
Other Information: No foot traffic uphill, no spectators, no congregating at the finish area, finish building or Training Center.
Registration: 7:00-7:30AM Bib Pickup by 1 Team Captain to pick up all bibs for each Team at TC
Lifts Open: 8:15 (Use Lift Burntridge Quad via Cedars trail
No Awards: We would like to recognize the Top 5 each race on social media, if you have a Top 5 athlete, please post a head shot image of your winner and their place to [email protected]. No promises on delivery but we wish to try to do this for the kids.
Protests: Jury will post Ref Reports on WhatsApp, if you have an athlete on the list, please text back whether or not you will protest or accept the DSQ. The TD or COR will publish Ref Report, Ref should be with course sets. If a jury meeting is required, it will be outside with physical
RACE DAY ALERTS:
NYSEF TRAINING CENTER IS CLOSED TO ALL PUBLIC, ATHLETES AND COACHES.
All Covid-19 Directives must be adhered to including Physical Distancing, Mask Wearing,
Do Not Gather in groups, Staging at the Start and maintain Group Physical Distancing –
No Spectators on the hill during a Super-G, NO MOVEMENT ON THE HILL
NO VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED THANK YOU
Daily Health Check MUST be completed Daily before 7AM.
NYSEF Athletes can do their Daily Health Check on TEAM Snap
NO ONE CAN ENTER THE FINISH BUILDING – only authorized individuals.
All USSS rules relative to scored racing apply.
Second Race 999’s will run in reverse order.
No Digging into the trail at the start whatsoever!
Do NOT ski fast on public ski trails. No tucking on any trail not netted. You will have your ticket pulled by ski patrol and you will be forced to hike to the start if you’d still like to race.
Please use the ski racks at all Lodges. Do not leave your skis on the ground.
Bibs are to be returned to the bib collector (bin) at the Finish Line. If you DNF/DNS/DSQ, then it is your responsibility to return your bib to the bib collector. Please do not leave the finish area without returning your bib.
Start Lists, Results and Referee Reports will all be posted to What’s App (no paper)
Use What’s App link only for receiving info and docs, if you have an emergency or reason to contact jury (like DSQ confirm or Protest) use the link for that purpose.
All Coaches must be VALID US Ski & Snowboard ‘Alpine Coach’ memberships and be current on their NYSSRA dues